Friday, July 18, 2008
Mama Mia!
Tonight Lora, Melissa, and I went to see Mama Mia. I have been waiting to see this movie since I saw the first preview in May. I saw the play in London in 2004 and absolutely fell in love with it. I cried at the end of the play because I was so moved by the energy of the actors...I honestly could have watched it all night! I was a little worried that the film would not live up to a live Leicester Square (London's equivalent to New York's Broadway) performance. Luckily, I had nothing to worry about. I loved the film. It was hilarious and the music and dance numbers were amazing. The only disappointment of the night was that we did not get to watch the movie at Bridge Street. The shows there were sold out (and there was no VIP for this movie) so we had to go to the plain ole Carmike. I will definitely buy the DVD when it comes out AND I'm going to download the soundtrack off itunes tomorrow. I might even go back to the theatre and see it again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
sounds fabulous!! i hate that y'all had to go to the plain ole carmike! enjoy your itunes!!
I am glad you loved the movie. If I can talk her into it, I definately want to take my mom. I think she would love it too. I always love musicals so I know I would be singing like a fool.
I'm glad the movie was good! I would like to see it too!!!
Post a Comment