Layout

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Acting our Shoe Size

Two blogs today! Feel special. The Nashville trip contained so much and I wanted to dedicate a special blog to two of my newest besties and our Friday and Saturday events. Friday night, after our Nashville trip, my THS friends Jaime (aka James or Moosey) and Melanie (aka Snappy or Smelly) came over to spend the night and get ready for our yard sale Saturday morning. We spent Friday night making signs, putting them out, and unloading vehicles for the next morning. We also had to make a fast food dinner run around 11:00. As teachers, it's always great to see a former student putting lettuce on your taco's at The Bell. (Heavy sarcasm implied) I had to go to bed around 1:00 a.m. Between the pregnancy and my road trip the previous couple of days, I was completely give out. I didn't mark this slumber party off my list because I want to host a real one where we actually have time to watch movies, scrapbook, etc. We got up around 4:00 the next morning to set up shop. We have one picture to document the event, but it is on Jaime's camera and it has not been released for publishing at this moment. We had a good day. It was disgustingly hot outside, but we made some extra scrapbook money to fund our road trip on Monday, and that was the objective of the entire sale. Melanie blogged about our scrapbook and sleepover shenanigans and the idea that people may think we act immature for our age. The bottom line is that we have fun. We are not out drinking, cheating on our significant others, or getting into any kind of trouble so how can it be a bad thing? I am the happiest I have been in my entire life, and I contribute a lot of that to these two skanks. I would never have thought that I could have so much fun with coworkers! We have become the best of friends during my tenure as a teacher. Between work drama and our masters work, we have found so much common ground and so many things to laugh about. I know that our relationship is going to get much stronger in the years to come. I am so proud to call James and Smelly my besties even if they do encourage me to act my shoe size and not my age!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Awww, how sweet boo! You are such a great skank as well! I had fun today but I'm ready to call it a night. I hope Camden doesn't play too much soccer in your belly tonight! Love ya!!! Get some rest tomorrow. You'll need it for Monday!

Jaime said...

let the skanks unite!! our shenanigans are some of my favorite times! can't wait for many, many more...