skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bunco No-Mo!
When I was 16 this lady that went to church with me asked me to baby sit her daughter for the summer. She was about to turn three at that time. I spent the entire summer with her that year and I continued to sit for her and her sister when their parents needed a date night and on other occasions. A couple of years ago, the mother asked me to fill in as a substitute in her Bunco group. I had no clue what Bunco was, but she said it was very easy to play, and I would catch on quickly. So I went and had a good time. It was fun and easy to play. I was the youngest in the crowd by at least 10 years, but they are a fun group of women so it was ok! The next month I got asked again to sub, and the next, and the next until I became a "regular." I played regularly for a while and then I missed a couple of months because of school or work issues. Well, over the past year nobody was calling me to play Bunco! My husband jokingly asked me if I got kicked out. I said no, but I secretly wondered! I wasn't upset about it. I just thought they had found someone else to play who was better connected with their circle. Then last week I recieved the call saying they were playing Monday (tonight). When I arrived and we began chatting, I found out that nobody had been playing Bunco because of hectic schedules and such. We had our dinner as usual, sat around and talked and decided nobody wanted to play Bunco tonight either! We drew for the prizes and the money and everyone went on their way. It was decided that the next month we would meet at one ladies house, who happens to have a movie theatre in her basement, and watch Sex and the City Season 1! Looks like Bunco is out and Sex is in!
3 comments:
How funny! Sounds like ya'll will have a good time, especially in a private theatre!
gah! i wish one of us had a private theatre! put david on that!
that is so funny, my sister in law is a Bunco freak! They have never invited me into their circle though, I guess I'm not cool enough!
Post a Comment