Layout

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer, why dost thou pass so quickly?



I can't believe summer is almost over. I'm going to the school with Melanie and Jaime tomorrow for our first unofficial work day. I have had the absolute best summer of all time! My hubby is working 2nd shift so I have been able to spend nearly every day with him AND Camden. It's been so great considering when I go back to work I will only see David on the weekends. I've been so many places this summer...St. Louis, Atlanta, Panama City, Chattanooga...and I've had a lot of wonderful experiences and some great times even here at home. Paint nights, swim days, and several days with my niece and nephew, and seeing some great movies has made this just a down right fun summer!

But at times like this when it's all coming to an end, I find myself envying mom's who get to stay at home with their families. I guess that is just not in the cards for me at this time in my life and probably will not be in the near future, so I'm just trying to make the best of the situation and try to be successful at a career that I once loved. I truly want to find that love again, and I'm hoping to do so this year. If not, I will have to find a new job of some sort.

But on to a more positive note here are some things to look forward to in the near future. Bring on the bullets!
  • Going on our annual family vacay to Tim's Ford with my mom, dad, sister, brother in law, niece, and nephew. This is always a good time! We play games, eat, swim, eat, nap, eat, take walks, eat, and sometimes go out on the boat. Did I mention we eat because we do!
  • Alabama football. Enough said.
  • World Series. My Cardinals are finishing pretty strongly here toward the end of regular season play. Can't wait to see if they make the big cut. If not, I still enjoy watching championship games even if I am not invested in a team who is competing.
  • Friends and Family Day at church is always an awesome day. Seeing God's house packed to the gills with people that you know and love is always a blessing. I hope to see more of my friends there this year (hint, hint). September 12th, I believe.
  • Camden's birthday party will be on October the 2nd and it will be a Robot extravaganza! I can't believe my little baby will be 2. **Tear**
  • The holiday season will be here before we know it. I fully intend to start Christmas shopping in the next few weeks. My goal is to purchase more thoughtful and personal gifts this year.

You know, life is good. I'm so blessed and have so much to look forward to every day! Shame on me for the times when I feel so down in the dumps :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I miss working! I miss the adult conversation, and most importantly the MONEY! Don't get me wrong, I love being a SAHM most of the time but I get down sometimes about it. I guess we all sometimes think the grass is always greener on the other side! lol! i love your happy list though. fun fun fun!!!

azhulsey said...

Yes, I think we do always feel that way. The bottom line is that you just can't have it all. But I do feel like SAHM's have the better end of the deal. You always seem so happy and unstressed. Even when I come home I have work on my mind so my time is never fully with my family...and I'm exhausted and moody when I get home. So if you ever feel down, just remember that! haha

Jaime said...

It sure would be nice to stay at home, but I would miss getting to see your face 49 times a day! I am hoping that we all have a great year. I really thinking having the UNA monkey off of our backs will make a huge difference. Glad you had such a fab summer!