Layout

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mrs Lonely

David is working night shift for the time being, and I'm finding myself extremely lonely at night. The longer the shift drags on, the lonelier I feel so I have to occupy my time. Sure, Camden is here, but our conversations consist of me naming an animal and asking him what the animal says and he replies with the sound. Then we repeat the cycle with the handful of animals he knows. Then he goes to bed at 8. Now, you would think with all this free time I would catch up on my school work; not so! Here are some of the other ways in which I occupy my time:

snack food Pictures, Images and Photos

I love to snack. I love food. I believe that this is obvious when you see me :) I have always been an emotional eater. Since this does not fit in with my new Weight Watcher journey, I have to try other things to do instead of eating.

shopping Pictures, Images and Photos

I have been shopping more in the past three weeks than I shopped all last year! I'm sure my husband would rather I eat then shop, but oh well. I could go all day without eating as long as I am shopping. I heart spending money. It makes me happy. Even if it's not for me. I spent an hour tonight looking for a visor for my husband! I just like to buy, but eventually the malls close, and I have to go home.

facebook Pictures, Images and Photos

Yep, I'm a facebook addict. When Camden goes to bed and it's all quiet in the house, I stay on facebook just waiting on something interesting to happen. Sad, I know, but hey, at least I'm not out on the streets!

roseanne Pictures, Images and Photos

So, after Facebook land is sleeping, I usually tune to TV Land to watch old episodes of Roseanne as I doze off. I love that show! My favorite episode is when "Becky cut the cheese" but I haven't seen that one in a while.

The bad thing about Facebook and TV is that my ugly #1 hobby wants to creep into the mix. Luckily these days I'm making better snack choices. I usually grab an apple or a 100 cal pack of pocorn to curb my cravings. Tonight, I munched on a piece of fish. LOL Random, I know, but hey, better than digging into Camdens Reeses Easter Eggs I purchased today. Oh, crap! Why did I put that in my head????

Peace!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I finally see your blog again!!!! Don't be Mrs. Lonely. Call us anytime you want to roam, etc. Bran is all into this umpiring thing and is gone a lot too. We can be the Lonely Hearts Club!

Anonymous said...

I can finally see your blog again too! YAY! i know how you feel about being lonely. when Kendall was a baby and nick worked nights there were many nights we walked around the mall because i was so bored! i finally quit when the mall workers knew our names. i couldnt handle that judgement. i like the new layout!!!

Melanie said...

I'm glad your blog is back! I'm sorry you've been lonely. Some nights it gets to me too since Zac has been working long hours. But I'm getting used to it now. Congrats on making healthier snack choices! That's a hard one to do, especially when you have Reese's to nibble on! :)