We had our December meeting last night and it, as usual, was super fun! We met at Shannon's mom's house and Shannon assigned us the book
Blue Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews. I loved the fact that we were reading a Christmas book and this one was too cute! Southern fiction is my absolute favorite. I am proud of being from the South and all the humor that goes along with it. I adore the fact that I always know someone who behaves the exact same way as each character in the book. I read this book in a total of about three hours. It was an easy, fun read. We also decided to play Dirty Santa and each person brought a book. I thought this was such a fun idea. The best part was each person's dramatic reading of the book blurb with Amelia's "smart" glasses. Too funny. I think we may play again soon even before next Christmas. I am glad we started this book club. I have been reading so much more, and I find myself searching Amazon.com relentlessly trying to find new books to order. Next month we are going to read
The Quickie by James Patterson. I can't wait to start that one! I hope I can keep up with my reading now that I am going back to work and school in just a couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment