Well, I haven't blogged for a bit so I thought I would just summarize what has been going on the past few days. Saturday was such a good day! I took my niece to get a manicure and pedicure and she had the best time! She loved being pampered and trying something new. Saturday we also went to Lexi's birthday party and to the school to do some more work there. Sunday was a pleasant day. My grandmother came to my mom's for lunch after church, and we got to spend some time together talking and munching on mom's taco salad. Mom also sewed my curtains for my classroom while we chatted. My sister and her family did not get to come over like they normally do. I was glad because it gave me some time to chat with the matriarchs (nice word, huh?!) about my fears and such about Camden's arrival. My mom and grandmother are the best medicine for me when it comes to things like that. They have been through it all...especially my grandmother. She had five kids and a deadbeat husband. She worked their entire lives and supported every single one of them. She is such an example to me. It is very important to me that I be a wife, mother, and have a career at the same time. That is what I have always wanted. Talking to her shows me that I can do that. I can have it all!! I am so lucky to have strong women to look up to and to talk with about these things. And of course, after MeMaw went home, Mom and I watched a few episodes of Grey's. Sunday evening pretty much sucked. My hormones are really starting to get the best of me. I wound up arguing with my husband about something terribly silly (on his part, of course!) and it ruined my entire evening. Before I got pregnant, I didn't care if my husband scolded me about something. Big whoop...he'll get over it! But now, it just kills my joy for him to get mad at me. All is well now, as usual. Our tiffs never last too long. I suppose after seven years of marriage I have come to realize that it's ok to argue. It's ok to let someone know when you are unhappy, hurt, or frustrated. If you don't, those feelings will just pile up and turn into resentment and lead to even bigger problems. So that brings me to today, Monday, a.k.a. the beginning of the first full week of work. Lemme tell you...it's getting to me already! Emotionally, I'm stressed about pulling everything together and about my new students I will have. Physically, my body is already giving up on me. I have been super lazy this summer and now my preggo body is resisting the work. Mentally, I'm just grouchy! And it doesn't help when someone who does not need naming keeps trying to get into the circle. I hope I adjust soon. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of what the next 1o weeks will be like. If so, I may get kicked out of the "cool hall" before the hot glue dries on my posters!
2 comments:
You will never be kicked out of the cool hall my dear! We completely understand and just wish there was something we could do to help you feel better. I hope you know you can ask anything of me and I'll be there for ya! I hope tomorrow is better for you! I loves ya!
It's ok. I have learned to ride the hormone rollercoaster with my friends. You'll make it through. Just don't let the kids get to you this week.
Post a Comment