Layout

Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Morning After Blog

OK, so I didn't blog last night. Bite me ;) I had a very long day yesterday and a long evening ahead of me today. Yesterday was our first official day back to work, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. We started the morning off with a meeting featuring our school system superintendent. He had a very positive message about starting over, and being refreshed and positive about our profession. We all needed to hear this message! I was still getting sleepy because he kept turning off the lights and presenting slide shows. Camden was none too happy about working. He kicked me through the entire meeting as to say, "Mom, why are we awake at 9:00? Mom, who is that man talking? Mom, you need to pee. Why don't you just get up in the middle of the meeting and pee? MOM! You have heartburn! Just get up and get your Tums!" (In case you can't tell, sleepiness was not my only issue during the meeting) After the meeting, we had about an hour to work in our rooms before lunch. Couldn't even tell you what I got accomplished there besides a trip to the bathroom and the eating of the Tums. I had lunch with James and Melly, of course, along with our fellow English departmenters, McGee, the honorary English man, and our new science teacher Mrs. Arnold. We ate at Casa Blanca, and it was actually very pleasant. We caught up on our summer adventures. One of the teachers even went to Key West and saw Ernest Hemingway's home and his six-toed cats! Very exciting English Teacher material. After lunch, we worked back in our rooms. Not much accomplished all day but it wore me out just having to be there! After work, my dad brought my niece and nephew to my house. I took them to our cousin's b-day party. Children should not be born in August. Even with a water slide party, the heat was too much for the adults...especially this seven month pregnant adult! My nephew went to spend the night with my mom and dad and Alana came home with me and David for the night. Today, I'm taking Alana to get a manicure and pedicure for her birthday. It was in back in May but she was playing softball and we were afraid it would go to waste, so we decided to do it for back to school. She is so excited...not excited enough to get up before 10 am though! After nails, we have another outside-waterslide party to go to. Then it's back to school where David will help me hang the rest of the things in my room. I'll try to blog tonight with pics from the nail salon, bday party, and classroom. I have a busy afternoon ahead....Toodles!

1 comment:

Purple Treasures said...

I hate August and I am not even pregnant. Sounds like little man is getting rowdy. He must be wanting to come out & meet everyone. Hope you have a good weekend.