Layout

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Twilight Book One


Ok, so I officially have no life now since I am not working and I can't leave the house much. In the week that I have been off, I did complete the first Stephanie Meyer book Twilight and I have begun the second book New Moon. Let me share my thoughts about the first book...If you haven't read the first book and are planning to, please do not read this because it might spoil some facts for you. I already feel like I know too much about the future of Bella/Edward/Jacob. So, I was totally shocked that the climax of the book included an outside villan. I never saw it coming. I just knew that the climax would consist of Edward biting and turning Bella into a vampire. I actually WANTED this to happen! LOL! I caught myself thinking, "Just bite her! Do it!" I was also surprised at the speed of the novel. It started slowly and did not get truly exciting until the last several chapters. It was in these last few chapters that I finally fell in love with Edward :) I kept wondering what all the hype was. My goal is to get skinny enough where my husband can pick me up and tote me around everywhere the same way Edward does Bella. Am I the only one who notices how he carries her everywhere? hehe
So, my introductory thoughts on New Moon...I am about 200 pages in and I miss Edward. I know he's coming back but I'm getting impatient. I am not fond of Jacob and his pony-tail. UGH! I can't help but notice the frequent mentioning of the black bear. I know this has to be symbolic and will possibly take part in the climax of the book. Just a shot in the dark, but I can't help but think that Edward may be the black bear! I could be totally off. I'm also very intrigued about the group in La Push that Jacob's friends are being led into. Most of all, I'm ready for Edward and his shiny skin to come back!

1 comment:

Purple Treasures said...

I knew you would love them if you started them!!! The 2nd book was not my fav, because of Edward being gone. Book 3 incredible though. I can't wait to see what you think.